Executive Director Dr. Nadine Jarmon
Before joining DBHA, Dr. Jarmon was the HUD approved Board Advisor and ARRA Monitor under contract with the Gary Housing Authority. She was responsible for administration and training the new Executive Director and newly appointed Board. From 2002 through 2006, Dr. Jarmon served as the Chief of Staff and Executive Director of the Housing Authority of New Orleans (HANO). During her tenure SEMAP scores went from 46 to 100 and PHAS went from 43 to 78.
Dr. Jarmon managed a $300 million operating budget and a staff of 550. New Orleans had approximately 7,000 traditional public housing units, 10,000 Housing Choice Vouchers, 800 scattered sites and 2,000 project based vouchers. She is experienced in managing transitions and HUD regulations having managed the successful transition of HANO from its satellite offices throughout the United States back to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
Dr. Jarmon has an extensive education background including both a Doctorate of Philosophy in Urban and Public Affairs and a Master of Public Administration degree from the University of Texas-Arlington. She completed a Fellowship at Yale University and holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Houston and a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Central Arkansas.
- U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Education and Training:
- Board and Asset Management Program Training; Indianapolis, IN, March 2008
- HUD Appointed Administrative Receiver – New Orleans, LA 2002-2006
- National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) Executive Director Certificate – March 2005
- HUD/Yale Fellowship Certificate of Completion – New Haven, CT, May 1999
- SBA 8(a) Small and Disadvantaged Business Award; November 2011
- National Association of Professional Women – Woman of the Year 2011/2012