If you have knowledge of fraudulent activity with regard to clients receiving housing benefits, please contact the DBHA:
- Section 8: (954) 428-0678 ext. 104
- Affordable Housing: (954) 428-0678 ext. 102
You may remain anonymous if you choose.
Providing contact information is not required – but being able to contact you will be help us in processing this complaint.
Possible Fraudulent Activities
- Knowingly omitting income or assets of the family household.
- Failing to report seasonal employment.
- Certifying that you are not married when you in fact are (failing to report a marriage).
- Falsifying the number of household members.
- Obtaining duplicate assistance or subletting all or part of the unit.
- Allowing unauthorized person(s) who are not on your lease, to reside in your rental unit.
- Knowingly under-reporting income/assets of the family household.
- Landlords charging additional rent from assisted tenants.